The Journey Begins

Instead of a New Year’s resolution, I asked my chef husband to be my tutor/mentor/sage (not the herb) for the 2018 year, teaching me his tips, tricks and wisdom in the culinary department. I figured that after over a decade together, our bakers dozen year should be a fun journey of cooking.

My husband has been in the food service business since, well, forever (40-ish years). When it comes to the restaurant life, I've been more comfortable in the Back Office and sometimes Front of the House, but never really ventured into the professional kitchen. I've obtained a few skills by observing my husband over the years and then experimenting here and there at home. Now I'm ready to take my apprenticeship to the next level.

This is our journey, one of chef and wife. It may end up being more than a Hundred-Foot Journey, or possibly an adventure that rivals Julie and Julia, but in the end we pray it’s one that teaches us the joy of cooking...together.

Culinarily Yours,

Mrs. Chef (Christa)